Sunday, January 8, 2017

Journey to the Shining Star

Edward Burne Jones - The Adoration of the Magi 1904


Journey to the Shining Star

I traveled the road from a afar
seeking that which appeared as a star
The path itself full of peril
life itself seeming so very sterile
Getting closer to my destination
a new beginning beyond my wildest imagination
No gold, frankincense, and myrrh did I bring
just my sinful self to the newborn king
No words from his mouth did he say
only his glorious presence did God display 
It is here that I have found life at last
having wandered much an empty past
The One who would take my hand and be my guide
who would lead me through the land and cast evil aside
The paradox of it all, his life a gift to me
so that I may join him in eternity.
© 2017 Christian Miraglia

1 comment:

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...