Friday, January 13, 2017

Hope in Brokenness



Hope in Brokenness

Mired in brokenness, enslaved there I sat
Unable to move chains heavy on the mat
Paralyzed unable to move ahead
Those sins of my past rendering me spiritually dead
Then some said to me "Now is the hour"
We have heard about this man with great power
Rise up let us go off  and see
Perhaps this man can set you free
They took me, my friends all four
Arriving, crowds at the door
Elevating me up and dropping me down
I came eye to eye with him, of the heavenly crown
"Son I see that you are quite sick," said he
Your sins are forgiven,  he proclaimed with authority
But I have more the man said, turning to those questioning his reason for being
Rise up, pick up your mat, go home so others may become believing

©Christian Miraglia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...