Sunday, July 30, 2017

In Search of You




In search of You

As a child I only knew you only by name
My actions always bringing shame
You were the Zeus, the lighting bolt cast down
Forever bringing me low to the ground
Oh how I feared you, your power to break me
Your punishments only to shake me
In my youth I gave up looking for you
Who could be so terrible sending tragedy, casting people about
Off I drifted onto the sea with just glimpse of you 
The light on the shore
I longed for the pleasures of the world
Work, money, success and more
I did not have courage of the great king Solomon
Only asking for to know right from wrong
The more the waves of the sea churned
 The emptiness in my soul burned
Finally left on the waves without an oar 
Needing desperately to get back to shore
It was You I was looking for
The Light, the Answer
You guided me to open the shell, to find the jewel
My soul now enlightened I opened it, no longer the fool
Where can I find more of this truth I pondered
No longer the youth who aimlessly wandered
I found Him who loves me so
Who never left me despite me thinking so
He who guides me even when I veer astray
He who takes my hand leading me through the fray
He is treasure in the field
His love boundless without yield
The treasure in the chest, the fish in the net
His being is forever set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...