Sunday, December 16, 2018

Look Around





Look Around

You pass me by on the street 
my soiled clothes and bare feet
You step over me on your walk
not taking the time to even talk.
You see me on tube with my beckoning eyes
yet you are not moved even with the silent cries
You ask John, "What should we do?"
My answer is, "Look around you."
Open your eyes we are the destitute, the homeless,
the sick, the poor.
We search for the true living Christ nothing more.
We don't ask to go into your homes and disturb your night.
We just ask that to be treated without spite.
A hello, are you alright?
Makes my day so light.
The voice cries out in the wilderness, "make way."
Will you be like Christ today?

© Christian Miraglia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...