Monday, March 16, 2015

Slow Down: God is Watching

Driving in Southern California traffic can turn a perfectly calm normal person to an impatient, and angry,  driver.  People slamming their breaks on while texting on the freeway, drivers waiting for the last possible moment to cut in to an onramp and thus making those following them slamming on their breaks to avoid a collision.  Not to mention the aggressive driver who flies up behind you, causing you to brace for the impending rear-end collision or those who just don't seem to know how to drive in the rain (too fast or too slow).  So what does this have to do with God?

Leaving work today I found myself caught in the usual traffic snarls which have a tendency to grind on my nerves.  I would just like to get home without slowing down to a two to three mile 30 mph crawl.  Not happening today.  Traffic was first fast and then slow and then fast again.  Isn't this a reflection of life? Upon getting on the freeway and honking on my horn  a few minutes earlier at someone who was probably lost and tried to cut in on a clogged onramp I proceeded my journey.  Later realizing that this person had out of state plates and was confused, I said a quick prayer.

Fifteen minutes later 10 minutes from home a distracted driver continues to slam their breaks on causing me to become incensed and flash my lights in an attempt to get them to move.  God had other plans.  Within a mile traffic comes to a grinding halt.  Close to home, I know the exits well and proceeded to find one close to home.  Moving across lanes, I try to navigate into the far right lane to exit and a person in a Porsche speeds up so I cannot immediately exit and than slows down to let me in.  I still have seen the picture yet.  Exiting I come upon a homeless person who is asking for money.  Slow down, is this the face of Christ? When did I see you when you were hungry? Always carrying a Granola bar for this occasion I realized that this was a message prepared for me.  Slow down, see my face among you.  I quickly gave the man the bar before the light changed and rejoiced in God;s humor as well as laughed at my insane actions during my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...