Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Search




You said you would return so I searched
I was told that he left the tomb
 I set off no longer filled with gloom


I climbed the highest mountain to find you
 and what I found was only the view
I journeyed to the sea of roiling waves
among the fish, birds, and beach caves
To the desert in did I go
finding nothing but sand in a never ending flow
Onward to the verdant valley with streams of glass
hoping to find you among fields of grass 
Lord you promised that you would return
In my heart does my desire to see you burn
I walked to the mighty rivers winding through terrain
Would you be amongst the rocks and falling rain?
I proceeded on to great bustling city 
filled with people on too busy to help me
Exhausted I finally sat by a lone tree
Are you looking for me?
I strained nothing did I see
Where are you? 
I cried no longer able to proceed
I am here besides you and will always be
No longer will you have to search for me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...