Friday, July 29, 2016

You are anxious and worried about many things

How true are these words to us in our world of devices, instant news, and immediate gratification? Even in work we find ourselves consumed with multiple roles and then becoming disillusioned and upset when others don't seem to pick up the slack. There is no doubt that there are some who are leaders and some that are followers but keeping true to the Gospel passage today it is important to keep things in perspective. Why am I upset about the tasks that I have taken up? Am I doing these things in order to be recognized, to be elevated to a position of superiority, or am I truly serving the Lord?

In my daily life I find myself consumed at times with worries about money, work and household tasks, my children, and the general future of our nation and world. The necessity to immediately answer the e-mail or text takes precedent to carving out quiet time. What becomes of these anxieties?  Even those who are associated with the work of Lord and Christian charity find themselves overwhelmed with business of the day.  All of this brings discouragement which itself disconnects us from mercy of Lord.  "Why are they not doing something?" one may ask.  "Why don't they respond to my text, SnapChat, or e-mail quickly?" A better question is how much time have I spent with Lord today? Have I spent time as Mary at the Lord's feet listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...