Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mary in My Life

                                                                 The Rest on the Flight into Egypt, Gerard David

For the last few days I have been contemplating my relationship with Mary, especially since today is the Feast of the Assumption.  What role does she have in my life? Do I truly seek her as an intercessor? Having been catechised in my early childhood but not quite understanding the purpose at the time or the theology I find myself deficit in many areas of the faith.  Understanding Mary is one of them.

Yes I have prayed the rosary on occasions and now understand the purpose, but I still feel as though I don't have the right relationship with Mary.  Although my knowledge of the faith and Mary's role as a mother is more developed as I devote an increasing time to re-educating myself as a Catholic something seems to be missing.

Perhaps I need to better understand the sacrifices Mary made as she raised her son or even before that as she is told of the impending birth of Jesus. For me my journey to understand our Blessed Mother begins with a reflection today as I pray the Hail Mary.  From this point I endeavor to have a better relationship with Mary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...