Saturday, January 31, 2015

Faith During the Storm

It took many years for me to understand the deeper meaning of Mark 4:35-41, Jesus calming the storm.  I understood that the passage correlated with faith so I interpreted it dealing with life's calamities.  It wasn't until this morning reading this that I figured it this message was for me. In midst of my daily struggles I become the disciples. I overreact to what appears to be a storm and that I might perish or give up control to something or someone. "Teacher, do you not care." although not my words as I may be too self-absorbed to contemplate such a saying.  However, Jesus reply to the sea which symbolically is my own desire to control situations is "Quite! Be still!" It is this very reply that I need to hear or better yet be open to when the waves become violent, throwing me asunder, tossing me off the boat of life. Having recognition of this I will better understand that it is He, not I that control my destiny. Having the faith of Abraham to the point of not knowing where I am going shall guide me to the final destination as Paul alludes to in Hebrews 1:2-9. Being obedient to the message is my struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Not Know?

THE MAP As the disciples gathered and Thomas and Philip questioned Jesus as he told them where he was going. Still not quite understanding T...